1-877-746-5569
Cart 0 items: $0.00

2017 Renaissance Meritage

2017 Renaissance Meritage
In Stock
Add To Cart
$45.00
/ bottle
SKU: 845891-17

This special wine has a highly pigmented ruby/purple core with a bright ruby rim. The nose is intensely complex, with something new jumping out of the glass with every smell. Brooding and earthy with rich aromas of dark stewed fruit, chocolate and leather, complimented by lifted notes of ripe red fruit, dried herbs, dried violets, toasty French oak and the faintest hint of graphite. It’s one that keeps you going back again and again. The palate is tight, but broad and moreish, with flavours following a similar path as the nose, riding that fine line between earth and fruit. Elegantly structured, the finish is long with fine, ripe tannins and juicy, mouth-watering acidity that should ensure a long life ahead.

Wine Specs
Vintage
2017
Vineyard Designation
Stag's Hollow Vineyard, Okanagan Falls sub-GI
Aging
This wine will be at its best from 2023-2031.
Alcohol %
14.7
Wine Profile
Tasting Notes
The nose is intensely complex, with something new jumping out of the glass with every smell. Brooding and earthy with rich aromas of dark stewed fruit, chocolate and leather, complimented by lifted notes of ripe red fruit, dried herbs, dried violets, toasty French oak and the faintest hint of graphite. It’s one that keeps you going back again and again. The palate is tight, but broad and moreish, with flavours following a similar path as the nose, riding that fine line between earth and fruit. Elegantly structured, the finish is long with fine, ripe tannins and juicy, mouth-watering acidity that should ensure a long life ahead.
Production Notes
The 2017 Renaissance Meritage is a field blend sourced completely from Stag’s Hollow Estate vineyard. 78% of this wine was a co-fermented field blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from 25+ year old vines in rows 1 - 4 and Cabernet Franc from young 5th & 6th leaf vines. The remaining 22% of the blend was Merlot from our main block. By using fruit from only our Estate vineyards, we can ensure that the maximum amount of care, attention to detail, and intensive practices are used. This includes reducing our cropping levels as necessary to ensure the best fruit possible at harvest. Once in the cellar, the fruit is handled gently and minimally before being transferred to age in the finest French oak barrels available. These barrels are monitored closely until deemed ready for blending and bottling.
Winemaker Notes
Our third Renaissance Meritage in 10 years is a beautiful follow-up to the 2016 vintage. We believe our best wines are produced from estate grown fruit and until 2015 we lacked the necessary varieties to produce a Meritage blend worthy of our Renaissance label. Our Cabernet Franc vines, now well into their 5th & 6th leaf, bring a touch of vibrant, juicy fruit to balance the structural elegance of our more established Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines. While the quality of this wine is undoubtedly consistent, this 2017 version allows us to see a vintage variation that only Mother Nature has control over.