Although some of our positions are seasonal, we are always looking for talented individuals to take our hospitality and cellar teams to new heights. To inquire about job opportunities please email email@example.com with a cover letter and resumé, or see below for current listings.
Tasting Room Host - Full Time, Seasonal
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, sales-driven person to join our team in the Wine Shop for the 2020 season that runs from mid-April through October. We are looking for a person with a passion for wine, food and hospitality, who works hard but can have some fun with it too. Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays and may include the odd evening for events.
Wine education is an asset, however it is not essential. Good people skills, a love of wine, positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and natural sales ability are huge assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opening and closing the Wine Shop
- Greeting all guests and educating them on Stag’s Hollow’s history and wines
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Pouring wines and discussing them with the guests
- Assisting and driving wine sales and wine club memberships
- Maintaining inventory in the Wine Shop
- Keeping a clean, tidy tasting area, patio and outdoor areas
- Assisting with events
- Packing wine shipments
- Must be able to lift 40-50lbs repeatedly
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Serving It Right Certification (can be easily done online)
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Previous sales or hospitality experience is an asset
- Second language is an asset
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends and holidays
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Email cover letter and resumé to Erin Korpisto at firstname.lastname@example.org